Thursday 8 October 2009

...and just when it seemed he was getting it right.

Following Bengo's post claiming Fluffy as the originator of the malicious comments, here is another comment by Bengo, seemingly arguing with the atmosphere again.


"@fluffy: There's the tantrum (not printed), right on schedule. You're really grasping if you think I don't know you hijacked the identities of innocent people, so you might as well stop writing, or I'll let them know what you've done. I don't expect to say anything more on the matter to you -- ever. Seek help."


What triggered this? According to an email from regular contributor to Tilting at Lightbulbs and would be regular contributor to The Floating Lightbulb, Jessica, inspired by my previous post she asked for an apology having been mistakenly identified as being the person spamming his site.

Apparently Bengo still can't believe that multiple people could take issue to the content of his blog. I guess that means I'm Fluffy too.

5 comments:

  1. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about. The only time I've even tried communicating with him in the past year was a comment I posted to his article on full-content vs. update-only RSS feeds, which he never published, so I ended up publishing it on my own site.

    The ridiculous thing is that I've never taken issue with the content of his blog, and was quite mystified when he suddenly decided to cut off all communication with me a year ago. I have a feeling that if there is some sort of vast trolling conspiracy, whoever it is had imitated me which is what set him on this path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I had also tried posting a comment congratulating him on his new site design when it went live. Completely uncalled for, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may have figured out why Bengo thinks I'm behind the alleged comment abuse. Checking my logs for all accesses from Bengo's ISP (which I know from the IP address he's posted to my forum from in the past), on October 6, someone (I don't have any proof it's Bengo, mind you, just someone who uses the same ISP as him) did a Google search on "floating lightbulb fluffy" and from the results page found that very comment I ended up self-publishing.

    I have a feeling that he had suspected me for some reason, and then because now he had concrete proof that I had written that specific comment, he now believed he had proof I'd written every comment, and rather than confront me about it, decided to make a proclamation to the world. Then the very next comment he received was "obviously" (in his mind) from me, and therefore confirmed his belief. (This is of course all conjecture on my part. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on as soon as possible before it escalates into something supremely ridiculous.)

    It also appears that from there he went way back in my Twitter feed and checked some of the links I posted, since there was also an access to a page I linked to which had one of my images hotlinked from it (which I had linked to many weeks ago).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds about right.

    I don't think he wants to believe that he could be getting these emails and comments from multiple people and he's just latching on to anyone who he can readily identify.

    The unfortunate thing is now that you've been posting on this blog, he is probably more convinced than before that you and Jessica and anyone else who has been trying to comment are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably, but at this point I don't care what he thinks - I just want to make it clear that he is accusing me of something I have nothing to do with. A rumor can easily blossom into understood "fact."

    ReplyDelete